The Carmo Archaeological Museum

Illustration

Wanda Marcussen
by
published on 08 April 2019
Send to Google Classroom:

The Carmo Archaeological Museum, located within The Church of Santa Maria do Carmo which was founded in 1389 CE by D. Nuno Álvares Pereira (1360-1431 CE). Three mummies are on display: one ancient Egyptian mummy from the 3rd-2nd century BCE and two mummies from Peru from the Chancay culture (c. 1000-c.1500 CE), dating from the 16th century CE.

Remove Ads

Advertisement

About the Author

Wanda Marcussen
Wanda has studied International Relations with specialization in History at The University of Oslo, and is currently studying for her Master's degree in Environmental History at Trinity College Dublin.

Cite This Work

APA Style

Marcussen, W. (2019, April 08). The Carmo Archaeological Museum. World History Encyclopedia. Retrieved from https://www.worldhistory.org/image/10434/the-carmo-archaeological-museum/

Chicago Style

Marcussen, Wanda. "The Carmo Archaeological Museum." World History Encyclopedia. Last modified April 08, 2019. https://www.worldhistory.org/image/10434/the-carmo-archaeological-museum/.

MLA Style

Marcussen, Wanda. "The Carmo Archaeological Museum." World History Encyclopedia. World History Encyclopedia, 08 Apr 2019. Web. 25 Oct 2021.