All contributors must agree to the following terms before submitting to this website.
- You hold the rights to submit this content to us: Either you are the copyright holder, or you have properly attributed the Creative Commons / GNU / Public Domain source.
- You agree to your submission being reviewed and edited before publication, which means that we may change parts of it.
- Any edits that would substantially alter your work will be agreed with you, the author. Otherwise, a new author's name will be associated with the piece, if it's a complete rewrite.
- You agree that by submitting your work you give World History Encyclopedia the perpetual and irrevocable right to publish it.
- You do, however, retain rights to the work and one year after publication you may offer reprint rights to other publications as long as you credit WHE as the original source.
- You will cite sources and write a bibliography (if appropriate), and you confirm that none of your content is plagiarized.
- You give WHE the right to remove your submission from its website if it deems it inadequate for publication, even after it was previously published.
- Your content is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license, which means that it may be passed on and used by others for non-commercial purposes.
- WHE may use your content in derivative works, such as social media posts, printed matter, advertisements, or books. If the derivative work is sold for profit, WHE will contact you for your approval first, and share its profits with you.