Server Costs Fundraiser 2021
Please help us pay for the servers and web services required to operate our non-profit organization's website. Any donation helps, no matter how small: If every visitor were to give only $1 we would be fully funded within a day.
History of the Alphabet. This video introduces the Hieroglyphic, Cuneiform, Hieratic, Demotic & Phoenician writing systems. It presents information as a series of selections from a finite collection of symbols...
- The Alphabetic Labyrinth (Drucker)
- Letter Perfect (David Sacks)
- Empire and Communications (Innis)
- The Mathematical Theory of Communication (Shannon)
- http://cuneiform.library.cornell.edu/ (Cuneiform Library at Cornell)
- Egyptian photography thanks to Anne Mullier (Louvre, Department of Egyptian Antiquities) http://ritournelleblog.com/
Ali McMillan / Cameron Murray
Extra voice footage thanks to:
Cite This Work
Problem, A. o. t. (2014, April 03). History of the Alphabet (Language of Coins: 3/16). World History Encyclopedia. Retrieved from https://www.worldhistory.org/video/148/history-of-the-alphabet-language-of-coins-316/
Problem, Art of the. "History of the Alphabet (Language of Coins: 3/16)." World History Encyclopedia. Last modified April 03, 2014. https://www.worldhistory.org/video/148/history-of-the-alphabet-language-of-coins-316/.
Problem, Art of the. "History of the Alphabet (Language of Coins: 3/16)." World History Encyclopedia. World History Encyclopedia, 03 Apr 2014. Web. 26 Jul 2021.