We have prepared five lesson plans including classroom activities, assignments, homework, and keys to introduce government and social structure in Ancient Rome to your students. You will need minimal preparation to just roll with it in your classroom.
You will find as well:
- Multiple choice quiz questions in an excel format
- Glossary of keywords and concepts in an excel format
- Open questions adaptable for debates, presentations, and essays
- Recommended resources to provide you and your students with a comprehensive list of trustworthy references (includes all media types: videos, texts, primary sources, maps, podcasts, 3D models, etc.)
Your five lesson plans will allow you to teach:
- Roman Society
- Roman Citizenship - across the periods of Kingship, Republic and Empire
- Roman Elections
- From Kingship to Republic
- From Republic to Empire
Check also our quizzes and games on this topic!
All our education material is varied and built to develop middle and high-school students' skills to succeed in social studies.
You will also find several alternatives in the lesson plans to allow for differentiation and adaptation to your students' level of ability.
Check out our other resources on Ancient Rome:
- Fall of Rome
- Rome's Legacy
- Daily Life
- Warfare and Battles
- Innovations and Architecture
- Economy and Trade
Let us know what you think!
We are a non-profit organization and it is one of our goals to provide quality material to teachers by building engaging courses and finding reliable sources. If you want to join our team of volunteers and help us create quality material, please contact us.