Reconstructed section of the Cardo Maximus of Aelia Capitolina (Jerusalem)

Translation Fundraiser

Our vision: Free history education for everyone in the world, in every language. That's a lofty goal indeed, but that won't stop us from working towards it. To get there we need to translate... a lot! Please donate today and help us make a truly global impact. Thank you very much!
$1478 / $3000

Illustration

Carole Raddato
by
published on 04 March 2015
Send to Google Classroom:

Reconstructed southern section of the Cardo Maximus of Jerusalem. Paved and lined with columns, the Cardo Maximus was the main road that ran through the Roman and Byzantine city and also served as the center for the local economy. This portion dates to the time of Emperor Justinian (6th century CE).

Remove Ads

Advertisement

About the Author

Carole Raddato
Carole maintains the popular ancient history photo-blog Following Hadrian, where she travels the world in the footsteps of emperor Hadrian.

Cite This Work

APA Style

Raddato, C. (2015, March 04). Reconstructed section of the Cardo Maximus of Aelia Capitolina (Jerusalem). World History Encyclopedia. Retrieved from https://www.worldhistory.org/image/3685/reconstructed-section-of-the-cardo-maximus-of-aeli/

Chicago Style

Raddato, Carole. "Reconstructed section of the Cardo Maximus of Aelia Capitolina (Jerusalem)." World History Encyclopedia. Last modified March 04, 2015. https://www.worldhistory.org/image/3685/reconstructed-section-of-the-cardo-maximus-of-aeli/.

MLA Style

Raddato, Carole. "Reconstructed section of the Cardo Maximus of Aelia Capitolina (Jerusalem)." World History Encyclopedia. World History Encyclopedia, 04 Mar 2015. Web. 05 Dec 2021.

Membership