Paying for Web Infrastructure
Running a website with millions of readers every month is expensive. Not only do we pay for our servers, but also for related services such as our content delivery network, Google Workspace, email, and much more. We would much rather spend this money on producing more free history content for the world. Thank you for your help!
Bitcoin (BTC) donations to: 37C3jAw2yj9XboSEnCrVdxAvZmJddqZqTj
Ethereum (ETH) donations to: 0xbf5a3c9cdF8662bF098c0d257202d14347606cDA (ERC-20)
World History Encyclopedia is one of the most-trusted history resources in the world, known for its editorial quality, independence, and integrity. Prestigious institutions and publications recommend us as an educational resource, including Oxford University, Common Sense Education, and the School Library Journal. We are also recipients of the .eu Web Award for education in 2016.
Where Your Donation GoesOur non-profit organization will spend the money raised on the following services which we need to keep our site, our team, and our social media running as efficiently as possible. This year, we managed to keep our spending at the same level as last year despite growing costs. Below is a list of the services that we need to keep our website running:
- LiquidWeb - web servers
- Mailchimp - newsletter and email automation
- Namecheap - domain registrations
- Google Workspace - email, office, & collaboration tools for our team
- Ahrefs - search engine analytics & optimization
- Cloudflare - content delivery network & web application firewall
- Basecamp - team collaboration and task management
- Adobe - graphic design tools
- Zapier - web service automation
- SignWell - digital document signing
- Gumlet - image compression service
- Canva - online image editor
- Admiral - ad blocking detection & prevention service
- Chargebee - membership payment processing
- SoundCloud - podcast hosting service
- Dropmysite - website backup and monitoring service
- Listen2It - AI-powered audio reader
- Gravitec - push notification service
- Podcast.co - podcast hosting & distribution service
- SerpAPI - server-side search ranking analytics integration
- Check Plagiarism - server-side plagiarism checker integration
- DeepL - server-side machine translation service
- Amazon Web Services - wide range of server-side web services
- Riverside.fm - remote interview recording service
We are a non-profit organization publishing the world's most read history encyclopedia. Our mission is to engage people with cultural heritage and to improve history education worldwide.
This encyclopedia is always free for everyone, made possible with the generous support of our donors and members.
World History Foundation is a non-profit organization registered in Canada.
World History Publishing is a non-profit company registered in the United Kingdom.